The Saratoga/Platte Valley Chamber of Commerce is creating the “Joe Pickett Tour” to coincide with C.J. Box’s latest book, The Disappeared, which takes place in the Platte Valley. This is a self-guided, year-round tour/scavenger hunt to name places and businesses mentioned in the series or were the inspiration for a fictional location. Participants will pay $5.00 to download a .pdf document with the list of locations and the rules. There will be three tours, each with about 12 stops, and participants will take selfies or photos of the location. Uploading and hash tagging on social media is encouraged.
1. Download the official Joe Pickett Tour rules and stop list.
2. Take a selfie at stops on the Tour, and include the Joe Pickett logo in your photo.
3. Upload photos with this hashtag #joepicketttour to your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account.
4. After completing the Joe Picket Tour, enter the competition by going to www.saratogachamber.info/joepickett and provide your name and contact information and agree to the terms and conditions of the Joe Pickett Tour competition.
5. Photos without accurate and full caption data will be disqualified. To be official, entry must include:
a. The location as provided from the stop list
b. Today’s date
c. Your name
d. Your email or phone number
e. Naturally, we won’t publish those, we just need them to contact you!
f. Keep it real. If we think it is fake, we will disqualify it.
6. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You are providing your information to Saratoga/ Platte Valley Chamber of Commerce and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. By participating in this promotion, you agree to a complete release of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for any claims.
7. The winner will be randomly selected. Deadline to enter and submit to the competition is midnight September 1. Winner will be contacted and announced by September 15.
8. Winner will be named as a character in an upcoming Joe Pickett novel by C.J. Box. Winner must adhere to all contest rules and agree to the terms and conditions set forth by C.J. Box in the event of providing a character’s identity.
9. Play at your own risk and have fun!